The best way to resolve the QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is by using the reboot.bat file on the device. However, the process is lengthy and requires a greater number of steps to resolve the error from the device. Hence a user can also take the help of QuickBooks desktop services team to resolve this error code from the device. The common causes of the occurrence of error code 80029c4a are trying to access a damaged file, interference from a third-party software present on the device, improper functioning of the antivirus program, etc. The error code also affects the working of QuickBooks point of sale. Hence it is more damaging than other such error codes. After trying the reboot.bat file the user must restart the system device to ensure complete implementation of changes done.
Fix QuickBooks Error 80029c4a Step by step solution
QuickBooks error code 80029c4a is an unexpected error that mainly occurs when the user tries to open QuickBooks or the company file. This error might occur when a company file has been damaged or corrupted. This error is also known to be a run time error and is caused due to a couple of factors. The possible causes and fixes of this QuickBooks error code 80029c4a are discussed in this post.
Triggers to the QuickBooks error 80029c4a
• QuickBooks desktop file being corrupted or missing
• Company file being disrupted or unable to locate when user tries to open the software
• Antivirus defender mistakenly marked QB related file as infected
• Corrupted windows registry
• Incomplete installation of QuickBooks
• This error might also be seen when the windows start-up or shutdown happens
Solution 1: Running windows system file checker
• The user can click on Start menu and type command
• And also, press Ctrl+shift keys and hit Enter
• The next step is to click on Yes when the dialog box appears
• After that, enter SFC/Scannow and then hit Enter key
• Now, wait till the time system file checker completes the scanning process
• And lastly, follow the onscreen prompts
Solution 2: Updating Avast program and virus definition
• The very first step is to ensure that program is updated
• And then click on Avast icon
• Also, select update
• Now, click on program tab and follow the prompts
• After that, repeat the steps and select engine and virus option
We end the post over here, with the hope that the QuickBooks error 80029c4a might be resolved by carrying out the steps above. But if the error persists, then make sure that you speak to a professional. You can simply make a call to our QuickBooks desktop support at 1800-993-4190, and they will guide you through the process.