Netgear used by millions and is undoubtedly a more considerable internet for many all over the world. But despite its unmatchable features and growing popularity, users tend to face an error where the router doesn’t connect to the internet. Though there are multiple reasons for this error to occur, but there is nothing much complex or to worry about. But, we are here to help you overcome this issue in seconds, either by following the troubleshooting steps mentioned below. Or in case of quick and reasonable assistance, one can also choose to get on a call with the expert professionals at the Netgear customer service number.
Before getting into the solution and steps, one who is facing such a glitch needs to understand the cause of it. The issue of Netgear Nighthawk not connecting to the internet can be because of multiple reasons:
- In case there is no internet LED light on your Netgear Nighthawk.
- In case the power of the LED is blinking ‘red.’
- In case it is connected to a wireless router but cannot access the internet.
Now, as you are aware of the causes let us try fixing the connection issues you are facing on your system:
Netgear Router Firmware Update
Before following any steps or methods, it is very crucial to make sure that you are in touch with the latest firmware version of the router. In can be a serious issue if your router is running on an obsolete firmware which might be causing the connection error.
Soft Reset For Your Netgear Router
• Start by restarting your Netgear Nighthawk router.
• Then, login into your routerlogin.net page via any browser.
• Now, click on the ‘Advanced’ option available.
• And then finally, tap on the reset button in order to complete the soft reset process.
Hard Reset for Your Netgear Router
• Switch on the Netgear Router.
• Press and hold on the reset button available on the router.
• And finally, let the router reboot properly.
Advanced technical Troubleshooting Steps
• Make sure that your Netgear router is set up correctly and connect your Netgear router to any computer system using an Ethernet cable.
• Now, open any web browser and then enter the router login IP in the given address bar.
• Then, enter the login credentials and hit the login button.
• Finally, you just have to check whether the credential is correct and connect the router or not.
The above-mentioned steps will make your work easier and help you resolver the error more quickly and efficiently. And in case you get stuck anywhere in between you can get in touch with the expert techies at the Netgear support number.