In the current dot com era where every business owner wants and needs to take their business online, Shopify has become extremely popular. Simply because it solves most of the problems a business owner faces with building an online store and integrating various applications to run with their website.
Shopify allows you to set up your online store in less than an hour. Now, that’s quick, right? But you still need traffic, sales and conversions to be successful. It provides you with APIs that help integrate the cloud-based management systems /applications resource planning software for a seamless online retail experience for your customer. Software outsourcing companies can help non-technical businesses set up their online store with cloud-integrated management systems. The main reason behind Shopify gaining popularity is that it covers e-commerce business on all platforms whether it be an online portal, social media, in-store or a mobile shop. Along with complete control of the branding of displayed items, Shopify also has an extensive dashboard. The dashboard has a simple yet insightful visual format that provides you with an overview of sales and overall customer trends during the selected sales cycle.
There are several advantages of using Shopify integration solution over other e-commerce platforms. Let’s look at it in a little detail:
- All hands on deck! – Shopify helps integrate all applications in the system and keeps it updated at all times. In a world where the algorithms of the apps are fast-changing and are as agile as it is, it becomes increasingly important to keep all systems updated in real-time. The integrated solution brings the business’s ERP, CRM and Shopify applications together and runs automatic updates on each of the applications to ensure data synchronisation and that all the systems/applications are running the latest available versions.
- Saving time and resources = Cost Saving: You would agree that saving time and resource leads to cost-saving. If you use Shopify as an independent platform you will have to input details from the database manually. However, the integrated solution allows automated data entries and helps you save on those big bucks!
- No duplication, no customer complaints, no hassle: It decreases errors and duplication of data, which in turn eliminates the risk of negative customer feedback. During manual entry of inventory data, there is a possibility of human error in terms of spellings, prices, etc. while copying the data. Also, mistakes in dependency data can lead to errors appearing elsewhere. An integrated solution that merges the cloud-based management solution data and Shopify data, can be implemented by software outsourcing companies to help businesses and start-ups eliminate these chances of errors.
- Become data-driven: It enables information-driven marketing strategies, leading to actionable intelligence. The analytical data about customer behaviour can be imported from channels like MailChimp, Marketo, etc. into Shopify using the Shopify API and integrated solutions. This allows managers to visualize the data on the dashboard in the form of actionable intelligence, which helps them to come up with marketing strategies and promotions targeting various customer segments according to their shopping habits and trends.
- Customize and get creative: It provides customization opportunities, enabling developers to display their creativity. With the help of the right software outsourcing company, businesses can customize their Shopify and cloud management application through the integrated solution so that the user interface and in-built functionalities of the default applications are tweaked according to the business-specific requirements. This provides developers and designers to showcase their creativity in implementing ergonomic integrated solutions
- Make informed decisions: It offers more collaboration avenues, leading to faster decision making. Since the integrated solution involves all the actors in the business – the stakeholders, partners, development teams, and employees from other departments, it offers the ideal opportunity to implement a DevOps approach to solution implementation. This means that users across departments can collaborate, and share their expertise to solve real-world business logic or other problems arising in the implementation or operation of the Shopify based system.
Shopify helps its customers with a hassle-free experience while setting up their online store.
Here are the steps you need to follow to start the API integration with Shopify:
From your Shopify admin, go to Apps.
- Click Manage private apps.
- Click Create a new private app.
- In the App details section, enter a name for your app, and an emergency developer email.
- In the Admin API section, select the areas of your store that you want the app to access.
- Click Save.
After you save the app’s details, the Admin API section shows the app’s API key and password. Treat this as any other ID and Password as anyone with access to this has access to the entire API integration solution for your business.
The API Integration allows you to communicate with a lot of software that can aid in promoting and boosting your business like never before. It’s high time that you apply these ideas to your e-commerce store and takes it to great heights!
Robb Fahrion is a Co-Founder and Partner of Flying V Group. He is passionate about helping businesses grow using the power of the internet. Robb graduated from Chapman University in Orange, CA and currently resides in Costa Mesa, CA. Robb enjoys writing about digital marketing, helping his clients turn their dreams into reality, and he is a HUGE Mike Trout fan.