QuickBooks Error 1335 signifies that the cupboard file [data1.cab] required for this setup is corrupt and additionally the cupboard file  required for this setup cannot be used. This is one of the Microsoft Windows errors that occurs while updating QuickBooks or repairing a QuickBooks installation.
Causes For The QuickBooks Error 1335?
You are the use of a broken CD for putting in QuickBooks.
The CD or DVD reader of your laptop is no longer working properly.
Your computing device no longer has an ample storage house for putting in QB.
Antivirus or different 1/3 birthday party software programs mounted on your computing device are inflicting issues.
How to repair the QB Error 1335?
QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool Resolution
To unravel the error 1335 observe the easy steps:
• First download and run QBInstallTool.exe file
• Then download the QuickBooksInstallDiagnosticTool.exe file (19.2 MB) which will try to rectify this quintessential QuickBooks issue.
• Then keep the file to your desktop.
• To run the device, double click on the file.
• Then you want to pick the first alternative – I am having issues putting in QuickBooks and then click on OK.
Read more;QuickBooks Support
Manual Resolution Steps
If you nevertheless proceed to acquire the error after the use of the QBInstallTool.exe file, go to Solution two Manual decision to this difficulty is additionally possible. If you fail to run the device correctly you can manually repair the QuickBooks problem by using following the following steps cited below:
• Carry out a challenging power set up of QuickBooks to reproduction the set up folders from your QuickBooks CD to your difficult force and without difficulty set up QuickBooks from your difficult force the usage of the copied files.
• Still there is non-stop receipt of mistakes from the CD on a 2nd computer, the CD may also run down. Download QuickBooks and then comply with the directions to Install QuickBooks from a downloaded file.
• After that additionally you proceed to get hold of mistakes, clear the transient folder and attempt putting in again.
o Windows 7 or Vista: c:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\
o Windows XP: c:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp
More Possible Causes and Solution
• Sometimes scratches and dirt on CD can cause issues in reading. Clean the CD gently and strive for the set up system again.
• The set up troubles typically pop-ups due to inadequate set up reminiscence settings on your computer. You need to test the System Requirements of your device for your QuickBooks software program set up and refer to the Microsoft information base for important points on altering these settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314810.
• Antivirus software programs can additionally disrupt the installation. You have to quickly disable the antivirus software program whilst putting in QuickBooks. Ensure to re-enable the software program after install