MOV belongs to the Apple ecosystem; however, one can effortlessly use this format on Windows and Mac platforms. MOV is basically a multimedia file format that contains numerous tracks for storing text tracks, timecode, audio, video, and much more. Users often use MOV to store high-quality and larger size movies, videos, etc. However, just like any other file format, the MOV file format can get corrupted as well. Understandably, if there are any corrupted MOV video files, you will certainly want to repair the MOV video file. If you are dealing with the same, find out how to fix MOV impeccably.
Part 1: Reasons behind Unplayable MOV File
MOV is a movie file format of QuickTime and can store multiple tracks, as explained before. Since both Windows and Mac accept this file format, many prefer to use this file format to store multimedia files. However, if you have a corrupt MOV file, it is better to learn the reasons behind its corruption. Some of the common causes of corrupt MOV files are:
- Poor video conversion.
- Sudden or abrupt OS shutdown.
- Malware infestation or virus attack.
- Media player failure or problem.
- The video header is broken.
- The file can’t be open because of CRC error -xxx.mov.
- There is a power disruption.
Part 2: Repair Damaged MOV Video with Wondershare Repairit
When you have a damaged or corrupt MOV video file and want the best solution to fix it, get Wondershare Repairit. This is a professional file repairing tool and is available for both Mac and Windows users. Although you can try the tool for free, full features are available for paid subscribers. Therefore, it is recommended to get a paid subscription to fix files, including MOV video files. Power failure and surges, mishandling of video files can also corrupt or damaged MOV video files.
Since you will need the technical knowledge to fix the MOV video file from scratch, it is better to get an all-in-one repairing tool that can repair all kinds of video files, photos, documents, and more. With Wondershare Repairit, you can repair broken MOV files as well with its advanced feature. No matter the level of damage the MOV file has endured, Wondershare Repairit can get it fixed in no time. Moreover, you need to follow just a few steps to repair the MOV video file.
Key Features of Wondershare Repairit:
- An all-in-one tool that can repair and fix MOV files with just a few clicks.
- Repairit has an intuitive interface and is user-friendly.
- The tool can repair multiple files at a time.
- Before saving the MOV video file, you can preview it.
How to Use Wondershare Repairit?
Using Wondershare Repairit is easy and convenient. There are just three easy steps that you need to follow. However, before you learn the steps, visit the official website of Wondershare Repairit and download it on your Mac or Windows computer. Once you have downloaded it, install it, and now, follow the following steps:
Step 1: Add Corrupt MOV Video File
Launch Wondershare Repairit on your computer. Now, launch the tool on your system and click on the + Add icon; by doing that, you will be able to upload MOV video files/files. Alternatively, you can also click the middle area of the tool to add the MOV file.
Step 2: Repair MOV Video File
After the corrupt MOV video files are added, you need to check whether you have added the correct files. Now, move the cursor to the bottom right and hit the repair option. Once done, click on the preview option to take a look at the video. If you are satisfied with the repaired video, you can proceed with the third step.
But if the MOV video is severely damaged, please click on the advanced repair option to repair the video further.
Step 3: Save the MOV Video
Finally, your video is repaired, and all you need to do is click on the save option. Ensure to choose a different folder to save the repaired videos.
Part 3: Tips to protect video files
MOV video files can be extremely precious to you, which is why you should save and protect them. Just by implementing some rules, you can protect your MOV video files.
- The MOV files can get affected by a virus attack, so you should ensure to install antivirus software in the computer where you will store the files. Since your computer will stay protected, the video files will remain secure as well.
- If you want to transfer the MOV video file to an external storage drive, be cautious. Never eject the external storage drive abruptly because that can damage the MOV file. No matter what drive it is, be careful while dealing with them, mainly because these external storage drives contain heaps of data and files.
- If you have to modify the MOV video, always create a copy and make alterations on that and not on the original copy. Just in case if the copied file gets corrupt, you will always have the original copy.
- Whenever you transfer the MOV video file, ensure to be careful. While transferring the file, if there is a power outage or power failure, the video may get transferred as faulty or incomplete. Get a good-quality UPS for your computer so that the computer receives power until electricity is back.
- Always make sure to create a backup for your MOV files. This tip is not just for MOV files but for every file you have stored on your computer. The backup will save you from repairing videos when they are lost or corrupt.
MOV files can consist of a large number of videos. And even if one MOV file is corrupt, it will affect tons of other videos. Hence, keep yourself protected from such events and make sure to back up your files regularly. And if you have a corrupt MOV video file, worry not and download Wondershare Repairit to fix the file. To download, visit the official website of Wondershare Repairit.
Read More About: Qdownloader