Managing payroll in just a single click is one of the best features provided by Quickbooks. No matter how great this feature is, people usually face issues while using it. Some people may face issues while downloading payroll updates and some people may struggle to update the same. In this post, we have discussed Quickbooks error 15106 which is a payroll update error that a user faces when trying to install any new update of the application. The error message also indicates that Quickbooks is unable to complete the update because of the corrupted files. If you are also facing the same issue, we have some quick fixes for you.
Sources of Quickbooks Error 15106
To resolve the error easily, you must be aware of the reasons for which you can encounter the Quickbooks error 15106. So, here is a list of all the reasons for which you can face the issue.
- The very common reason for the error is that you are not using your system as an admin.
- In case the antivirus installed on your system is blocking the communication.
- Also, if the UAC settings are turned on on your system and leading to issues in downloading any application or related updates.
- Moreover, there are chances that the Quickbooks-related files are corrupted on the system.
Effective Solutions for Quickbooks Error 15106
You can use more than one way to get rid of the Quickbooks update error 15106 based on the cause of the error. Here we have explained to you all the methods that you can use to fix the Quickbooks error 15106 in detail.
Method 1: Log In to Your System As an Administrator
The very first method that you can use to fix the error is to log in to your system as an admin. This is because when you log in to your system as another user, you may not have all the required permissions to make changes to the file or update any file. Therefore, signing in to your system as an admin grants you all the required permissions and then you can make all the required changes.
Method 2: Disable Antivirus on the System
As we have mentioned, you may be facing the Quickbooks error 15106 because the firewall installed on the system is blocking the communication between the application and the server. This can also cause other common update errors like Quickbooks error ps077. So, disabling the Antivirus on the system can help you to a certain extent. Here are all the steps that you will have to follow.
- To start with, you will have to terminate the Quickbooks application on the system and then press the Shift, CTRL, and Esc keys together. The task manager window will then open on the screen.
- On the screen, you will have to hover to the processes option and then look for the antivirus installed on the system. Make sure that the extension is the process is exe.
- When done, you will have to right-click on the antivirus process and then choose to end the process.
- Now, you will have to close the task manager window.
- When done, open the directory: C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks(year) \ Components.
- In this directory, you will have to find the downloadqbxx folder and then right-click on the same.
- From the menu, choose to rename the file. To rename the file, you will have to type old at the end of the name and then save the changes made.
- Now, you will have to try downloading the payroll on the system and updating the Quickbooks application.
Method 3: Disable UAC Settings
Now, if the user account control settings are turned on your system, it can lead to different issues and Quickbooks update error 15106 is one of them. Below we have listed all the steps that you need to follow to disable the UAC settings.
- For this, you will first have to start the Run window on the system and then type control in the Run window.
- The control panel will then open on the screen.
- In the control panel, you will have to choose the user accounts option and then click on the user accounts classic view option.
- When done, click on the option to change the user account control settings. The confirmation prompt will then appear on the system, you will have to choose the Yes option.
- After this, you will have to slide the bar to Never notify and then save the settings by clicking on the Ok button.
- Start your system again and then try downloading the updates.
Note: It is always suggested to turn on UAC settings to notify whenever an unknown application is downloaded on the system. So, when you will successfully update the Quickbooks application and payroll on the system, you need to again turn on UAC.
So, we have come to the end of this blog. These were some methods that you can use to fix the QuickBooks update error 15016. All the steps are explained in detail for your convenience and are surely easy to carry out. However, if you face difficulty while carrying out the process, we will suggest you seek technical guidance.