Businesses may face several difficulties when migrating to the Oracle Cloud, and based on Oracle, over eighty percent of migrations go above plan or even over budget. You need to have a test-focused Oracle Cloud migration plan to make sure that migration is finished on schedule and within your budgeted cost. You need to have a clear understanding of EBS migration to oracle cloud before implementing it in your business.
Given below are the things that need to be in place of an organization before beginning an EBS migration to Oracle Cloud.
- Unambiguous migration reach: Companies frequently battle to determine the parameters of their EBS migration to Oracle Cloud, which causes them to spend a lot of time testing things that don’t need to be tested. A defined migration scope will guarantee that your test is limited to the procedures that require consideration.
- Knowledge of current procedures and setups: To prevent operational risks in a business after migration, it’s critical to have a precise record of your “as-is” procedures and to make sure they’re translated into your Cloud environment.
- Procedure deviation awareness: Clients of EBS frequently alter and enhance the performance of their company operations. However, the Oracle Cloud offers few options for customization. To guarantee that nothing happens during the migration, organizations must possess a deep awareness of their present interfaces and modifications.
- Maps of business processes: Companies need to have comprehensive process maps throughout their EBS system that may be linked with procedures on Oracle Cloud to offer organizational visibility around the workflow to prevent chaos, uncertainty, and blame after migration. Businesses, though, frequently fail to establish a visual picture of their operations, creating a lot of uncertainty and consequent risk.
- Crucial reporting validity: For an Oracle Cloud migration to be effective, reporting validity is crucial. Businesses, though, frequently have a difficult time deciding what or how to authenticate. Without the right equipment, validation efforts may result in inconsistent test automation platformactivity, a lack of understanding of what has been performed, and production delays.
- Validation of integration: Several Oracle Cloud installations have connections to EDI, CRM, HCM, and SCM platforms, among other systems. To ensure a seamless transfer, businesses must have a deep awareness of their Oracle Cloud connectors.
- Validating security SOD authorization: Role-based assurance with Job Roles and Abstract Roles is the foundation of Oracle Cloud protection. Segregation of Duties (SOD) in the manner of functional and data protection rules is abundant in these jobs by nature. Businesses should be adequately prepared to verify each of the 500 functions and data protection permissions that make up one security role.
By now you must have understood what needs to be in place of an organization before beginning an EBS migration to Oracle Cloud. You can check out the official website of Opkey. Depending on your current business systems and controls, Opkey optimizes test design and creates all relevant test scenarios. Opkey effectively connects your end-to-end systems and processes with a straightforward drag & drop interface, supporting over 150 components and more than a dozen business apps. When a modification in your Oracle system puts gateways, interfaces, or other third-party apps under threat, Opkey will always inform you.